This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Really Local News 10-26-05


Hello everyone.

Let's Watch a House Burn Live: The most important thing that happened today was this guy's apartment fire in Richardson, TX. You might be thinking, "Why is a simple fire important?" Well, I awoke to news helicopters circling above me and tons of sirens blaring, so that's why. The apartments that burned to a crisp are located about 1/4 mile away from our apartment. I turned on the news, and saw myself watching the news! Just kidding -- but I did see the newly-built Homes for Indians (HfI) that stand across the street from where I live. Fox 4's Saul (pronounced sow-OOl, not "sawl") Garza gave his report from our side of Audelia, too. He must have been no more than 100 feet from our apartment!

As this all unfolded before me, I thought of two things, the first being the New-Years-Eve-morning incident at our last Dallas apartment, when the apartment above us caught fire and flooded at the same time. The second thing that crossed my mind was relief that it was a fire and not a shootout or murder or terrorist plot or something icky like that. I'm sorry I thought that, but in the crime-ridden metroplex it's hard not to.

Shuttle Disaster: I had to take my car in at 7am this morning for an oil-change and a probable battery replacement. That's not the disaster. The disaster was the shuttle service, which consisted of one guy who decided to take the slowest way possible to get his 5 passengers (hostages?) to their jobs. Also, I was the last one to be dropped off. When the ride was over, I looked at my watch and realized I had lost an hour of my life on that shuttle bus listening to nothing but rock ballads(including "Eyes Wide Open" by Creed), annoying commercials, and abusively wacky morning hosts asking each other stupid questions and the overlaughing at the answers. I hate car trouble.

Possible Joke Alert: Yesterday the Packers re-signed Wide Receiver "Taco" Wallace. Get your jokes in now, and let's just hope he's not a hot dog out there. Bleah!

You Spin Me Rice-Round: Anne Rice, noted former New Orleans-ite and author of such books as Interview with a Vampire and Inappropriate Affection for Scummy Uninteresting Vampires, has come back to her Christian roots. On Nov. 1, her next book is coming out, entitled "Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt." It's the story of childhood Christ as told through His perspective. Apparently, there's also an afterword on why she changed and the state of Biblical scholoarship today. I barely get a chance to read books anymore, but I'm interested in this.

Oh, and the White Sox can clinch their first World Series title since 1917 tonight. My wife's excited. Maybe if the Brewers change their names to "Beer Sox" they can win a title too.

This just in: Baseball commissioner Bud Selig is promising that next year will be much more predictable than this year, so you Yankee fans can quit your whining. (the link's to an Onion article, so figure it out.)

this post has not been proofread.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger jill said…

    what the...?

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Mike Pape said…

    You know, Sarah honey, I try to be instructive. I think I will keep it going. Your encouragement is the only thing keeping me going at this point, though.

    I'm never going to visit your site.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home