This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

They Should Change it to Kill Whitey

Today the lily-white denizens of the town of White Settlement, TX are voting on the town's proposed name change. Tomorrow,they could all be the lily-white denizens of West Settlement. I for one hope they vote it down, so I can continue to make fun of them as I drive by.

This would also pretty much ruin my plan to get White Settlement High School to play a basketball game against Brothertown (WI) High School. How are race relations going to improve if we can no longer make racism into a convenient joke? You can't see me, but right now I'm shaking my head at the dull world we are going to leave our children. I believe the children are our future, except if they build time machines, in which case they are our past, changing everything we do, and we'll never ever know.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Michael and Tessa said…

    I found out something quite interesting on my flight to Japan. I was complaining to the guy sitting next to me about how the roads in Atlanta are so messed up. You go down one road and it changes names 3 million times. He told me the reason for that. He said it was because the city planners back in the segregated times didn't want whites and blacks living on the same street so what did the lazy southerners do? "Let's just change the name." Which took 13 minutes just to say the sentence, but no one thought to say, "But it's still the same road."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home