This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Everybody Likes Community Quick Hits

All-Inclusive Dictionary 2020 entries:
Teen Acrospeak, n., a language that makes heavy use of acronyms for common and not-so-common phrases, used originally for text messaging on computers.

Butt, adj., very. ex) It's butt cold out here.

Ok, that's done. I've been meaning to get the post count up on this blog. After this entry, we will be at 29. Not good enough. Of course, I could just break my long posts into 2 or 3 littler ones, but you all would see right through that. I should be able to post a bunch today and tomorrow. I have a brand new Netflix diary to make, as well as 3 movies coming in the mail today. I'll finally get to see if 8 1/2 is all that.

All that, adj., the bee's knees.

I am constantly amazed at how hyped my morning dew (Mountain Dew, that is) makes me. I am able to work and work without stopping until the sugar/caffeine rush goes away. And I work really fast, too, like I'm on a DVD and somebody just pressed the "2x" button. The downside of this is I'm clearly addicted in some way to the stuff, although not in the conventional "drug zombie gotta have it" kind of way. I even gave all soda up for Lent last year, successfully I might add. I ended up drinking a lot of grapefruit juice, of all things. That was my stand-in. I didn't feel jittery during Lent, I didn't really miss it. But as soon as Jesus rose, I was back to the daily Dew. What does this mean? Am I in denial? Am I just stupid and weak?
What's evident is the fact that if it's available to me, I will drink it. I need to move to a place where there is no Dew. The problem is the Dew rule, which says:
If a place has no Mountain Dew, it is a craphole. I mean, dust everywhere, disease, a 90% destitute population, starvation, dog-eating, etc.
So, I'm stuck. Not really, but I think I am, so therefore I am. Isn't that what Descartes said? And you thought he was just being silly.




2 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    "I need to move to a place where there is no Dew."

    Maybe you should move to Canada then. While they still have Dew, it's illegal to add caffine to food products up there. So it still has Dew which you could drink, but then you could prove that you aren't drinking it because you're addicted to the caffine, but instead because you love its taste. But come to think of it, Canada is a craphole too. Scrap that idea.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    You know, Mike, whereas I'm not addicted to it in the morning, I find it hard to make it through a day at my house without having a can of MD with a meal.

    See, we have this gas station-style fridge full of pop in my garage, so every time I'm making something already ridiculously unhealthy like a hot pocket or some moon waffles, I always just head on out to the garage and get one. And it's always so effing good.

    I also gave it up for lent, didn't miss it, and returned to it afterwards. Immediately afterwards. Easter Dinner, I think. So, maybe we're weak. but not missing it too much when I was weaned off of it makes me think I could do without it permanently if I needed to.

    Interestingly enough, my last can was at Monday's dinner, and I think I'm going to try and get off of it for a while, to see how it goes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home