This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Monday, December 20, 2004

Manic Depression

The external, unimportant things in my life are in total chaos right now, and that has spilled over into my real "important" life.

The Milwaukee Bucks suck -- I have been doing an internal rant about this for a week now. It is driving me absolutely nuts. As one of the world's 5 hard-core Bucks fans, my disappointment is turing into unjust anger spewing in 100 different directions. This is unimportant, but close to the center of me.

The Green Bay Packers suck -- They are wasting the final years of Favre and an offensive line that's as good as any they've had in my 32 meaningless years here on earth. When this crosses my mind, I eat my arm. This year has been as humiliating as a 4-12 season. Sheesh. They're inventing new ways to lose to inferior teams every week.

And lest you think that all I'm thinking about is sports, which are admittedly totally unimportant (how many times can I point this out?), let me just say that other things are weighing down on me. I have a novel to finish. I have a business to start up. I have a year of solid work ahead of me. Christmas is coming again, I'll be dead soon and will have spent much of my time 1000 miles from my immediate family, with a job that doesn't allow people to take vacations when they need to. Ok, that's important. If I think about that, I might start screaming.

Look, life is full of hope and possibilities, especially with God around. But I'm just not feeling it today.

Thank you for your support.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home