This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Laptop Chaos Theory

I stay away from discussing my real job here in Dallas, in fear that I will be discovered by Nazis high up in the organization and Made An Example Of. There's really not much I would say about it anyway, but today is different. Today this job is affecting my blogging. You see, we have laptop chaos going on. No, it has nothing to do with Dr. Chaos. Laptop chaos occurs when we get a bunch of laptops into service that Mike has to send various places. It's like, we get none for like 2 weeks and then BAM, we get 3 Compaq laptops, an Apple iSomething-or-other, a couple of beastly HP desktops (beastly to send, that is -- as you might imagine), and 3 "reworks", which is a nice way of saying the people we sent the laptop off to messed up and have to try again. Reworks are hell. Not only is the customer mad and spraying their displaced anger at us, I have to call the depot, explain to them what happened without making the rep feel too guilty, and get authorization to send it back. Normally I just go online to get authorization.

So, I'll try to blog more today, but I don't know if that'll happen. I've got quite a backlog of potential topics since I was gone last weekend and have all this work to do now. I've planned out two big posts, in fact. We'll see how it goes.

I'm off to call the depot. Uggh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home