This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Monday, June 20, 2005

We are in Limbo

It feels like it anyway, for these three days before we go up to Wisconsin for the funeral. I obviously haven't felt like writing anything, and since I have the freedom to stop when I want, I didn't. Coming up later this week or early next week will be some stuff. I'm working on 3 bigger things right now -- two have been in my brain for a while, and the other relates to a movie I watched on Saturday called What the (bleep) Do We Know? The movie can only be described as kooky. I'll be recapping it for my first post back. It'll be all philosophical, and I'll probably be in a grumpy mood, so don't miss it!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger drew said…

    hi mike.

    my father bought me that dvd a couple of months ago; said it was super interesting; starting blabbering to me in philosophical-speak before i had even seen it. maggie and i put it in one sunday afternoon and rhythmic hum of her sleepbreathing promptly lulled me to the same place. I haven't put it back in since. I've been feeling bad because he bought it for me, so maybe your post will be the motivation i need to watch it again and talk to him about it.

    a few weeks later he bought me the book _Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking_ by Malcom Gladwell. i read 20-30 pages and haven't picked it up since. I think he must be going through some sort of mid-late life crisis. i can't really tell.

    anyway. hope you two are ok.

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    Jean Reno, it's possible our dads should hang out. My dad's pretty much always reading a book, and whatever he's reading is always sitting on the coffee table in our family room. For the last, oh, three or four months, there has been nothing but books about evolution, and more often, books about how the brain and the body work.

    For father's day, he even asked for two of them that he'd like to own nice, hardcover copies of.

    Funny that the two of them seem to have arrived at this place.

    Mike, Jill...I too am thinking about your family a lot. I love you guys.

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    http://www.lastplanetojakarta.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2027

    Mike, you should look at that thread. It's a message board I hang out on, and this guy started a thread called "NBA Finals: The Correspondence File." He wrote three short notes to NBA folks, and it reminded me of something you'd write or appreciate.

    I think I'm gonna start watching Hoop Dreams this afternoon, but I just figured out yesterday that that movie's like 3 hours long. Sheesh.

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger jill said…

    http://www.jsonline.com/news/nobits/jun05/334805.asp

    read how awesome she was.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home