This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Devotion Book and Packer Talk

Though I'm not exactly sure why, I've decided that the first book I try to publish (or self-publish) will be a devotional book. I don't really know how long it's going to take, nor do I know exactly what form it will be in or how long it will be. All I know is there's a gap in the devotionals I've seen -- they are mostly very standard, boring, and sometimes insightful. I want people to look forward to doing devotions every day. I want it to be exciting. That's my mission, and I'll let you know how it goes. Maybe I'll find writing devotions to be an extremely difficult and time-consuming process, in which case I'll need a new job so I can get it done. I'm really tired of thinking about a new job. Anyway, that's where I'm going.

I also plan on using the NaNoWriMo month of November to finish the first part of the novel I wrote last year. It's sprawling, inconsistent, and fun. I can't wait.

Now on to the important stuff: The Packers. I saw the second half of the game last night after work and noticed that they do indeed stink. All this talk about Favre being old is misplaced, though -- he's not the problem with this team. Here are the problems, as I see them:
1) The defense has no talent. They can't generate a pass rush or cover people without holding them, which is a suicidal combination. Their linebackers aren't good enough to make up for it, either. They need an infusion of talent on the "D" to make Favre's job easier, so he doesn't have to come from behind every week. Sure glad we got rid of Hannibal Navies and replaced him with a guy named Paris.
2) The offense is injured, so they don't have much talent left. Antonio Chatman is not a real NFL player, and he's the third receiver. Without Green, Franks, Flanagan, Clifton, Walker etc. they're asking Brett to win with a bunch of backups and borderline guys they just signed last week. Poor Brett.
3) They have no big-play guys on special teams, either. I hate the idea of Najeh "Poopy" Davenport, kick returner. He just runs 20 yards and falls over when somebody hits him. They need a dude with speed back there, and not one that stinks like Chatman.

That pretty much covers it. Our only hope is that they use this season to go 1-15 and get the first pick in next year's draft and pick the real QB of the future, Matt "I dated Kristen from Laguna Beach" Lineart. Then they can trade Aaron Rogers for a defense. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

1-15!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger NakedHobo said…

    why do you waste our time Mr. Spam-man. We don't go to your website and post stuff that is Epth related, do we?

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I agree with your analysis of the packers completely. Do you think Favre will leave after this year, or do you think he'll stick it out one more so that he can actually play with a team that is healthy, and hopefully more cohesive. I'd think (although obviously optomistically) that he'd stick around as long as he doesn't get hurt this year, and something crazy (aka a ton of people leaving after this year)doesn't happen, he will.

     
  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger Mike Pape said…

    What do the spammers hope to accomplish? Their english doesn't even make any sense! And it all comes back to the music, which by spam law must be linked to some crap.

    Dan, at this point a ton of people leaving might be a good thing. I don't know, Favre may try a redemption year next year, especially if they get the offense back to a reasonable level. Walker coming back will help, but even he's still a big jerk. The short answer: I don't know, but I never consider Favre done until he actually leaves. And even after that...remember Reggie White in Carolina, what a disgrace that was? Like all old players, he'll end up in Arizona going 3-13 and playing every other game in a foreign country.

    But that's a worst case scenario. I'm really just thinking out loud in cyberspace here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home