This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Debate with Myself: Should I Take a Month-Long Hiatus and Write Something I Can Sell?

Pro: I have two things I have to get written here this month -- a violent short story and a relatively non-violent account of many people I have worked with. I need time to do this, and I don't need this blog judging me every day if I don't post something.

Con: It's not like you post a lot now, and how much time does it really take anyway? Loser.

Pro: Don't call me a loser. You're a loser. One thing I could do is post excerpts of my work, as I go.

Con: That's a good idea. So why are we having this debate?

Pro: I don't know. Another thing I have to take into consideration is the fact that I have some writing to do for a friend of mine -- something about case studies re: Teaching faith issues in the classroom. I don't know what a case study is, and I need to find that out.

Con: You're such a ninny. Just write one, and see how it goes.

Pro: But that will take even more time away from the blog. And don't even get me started on the computer business that I've all of a sudden got a bug for.

Bug: Bzzzzz. Start a computer business. Bzzzzz.

Con: Just do what you feel is necessary. I'm outie. I don't like bees.

Pro: Come back here! You're my debate partner! Without you, I'm just one hand clapping or one shoe running.

Con: That doesn't make sense. And you ran with one shoe, once.

Pro: You're right. I'm going to post fun excerpts (FunCerpts?) from what I'm doing on this blog, plus extra stuff if I feel like it. Thanks, Con.

Bug: Bzzzzz. I'm not going away. Bzzzzz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home