This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A New Kind of Spam


Apparently anonymous political scuzzbags are now trolling blogs looking for minds to influence with their partisan hackery. Case in point this post of mine from a couple of weeks ago. I'm checking my mail last night and I see a comment from "Colorado Health Insurance" in my inbox. What does Health Insurance from Colorado want with me? First of all, the post was a couple of weeks ago, so how bizarre, right? Somebody was dipping in the archives, looking for something to comment on. I guess this is what the new spam looks like, now that word verification is omnipresent. People are looking up relevant blogs in the google blog search or icerocket.com, and then cutting-and-pasting absurd political wankery in the comments section. My question: do these spammers get paid? If so, by whom? If I were a real journalist and not just an irresponsible blogger, I might get to the bottom of this.

I'm leaving the comment up, for now. The next one, however, might get H'd. That means obliterated. Consider yourself warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home