This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Quick Slaps -- Killin' Crickets at Work

Lots of crickets here at work today. I've had to step on a bunch, because they bother me. Kind of like us and Saddam Hussein. Sooner or later, he had to go.

Saw the second series of "The Office" on DVD today. That show is amazing. A-MAY-zing. The second series doesn't have as much Gareth, which is bad...and every show seems to be constructed to torture Dawn emotionally, which is also bad. But man, it's funny. I wholly recommend it, without reservation. And it's only 12 half-hour episodes total, so if you don't like it, you've only wasted a total of 6 hours. Think about the 40 hours a week you waste working. An extra 6 is definitely worth it.

On Monday, if you would've told me I'd be working for Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones and Quincy Carter (Dallas' starting Quarterback) wouldn't, I'd have kicked you in the shin for lying. But I eventually would have to have apologized, because it happened. Jerry Jones bought 49% of all the Papa John's in Dallas, reportedly. It feels good to have someone involved in the business who doesn't accept losing money, even if it's him. I hate the cowboys. If there's anything I can do to bring the Cowboys down through this, I will do it. I already sold Quincy some pot, and look what happened. You're next, Dat Ngyuen.

In addition to everybody having a blog, everybody is also trying to lose weight. I am no exception. I want to lose 14 pounds in the next 14 days, through good-old-fashioned not-eating-very-much and excercise. The weather has come through for me today since it's no longer death hot and death humid here in Dallas. I think I can do it. I don't care if it's not healthy to lose weight that fast, either, judgy. Take your old ideas back to the stone age and let me be free. I need to feel better about myself. Actually, I feel pretty good about myself now...but that's not going to stop me. I'll let you know how it goes.

Impromptu story:

That's a funny word, impromptu. It's got "prom" in it. But it has nothing to do with prom. Proms are planned well ina advance by people who already probably have it planned in their heads well advance of that. People, especially girl people, seem to think about prom a little too much, actually. They get the plan of it built up inside their heads -- including things they can't control, like the band/dj or the quality of the date's body odor or the venue -- and they daydream about it. And when it doesn't happen, they get ticked off, because they've been planning this and just never got around to telling anyone who had the power to make it happen. Because they're stupid.

But then again, I never went to prom. So what do I know?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home