This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Employee of the Year, 2004

Hey, this morning a funny thing happened, but I didn't realize it until this afternoon. A salesman said to me as I walked past him, "there goes employee of the year". I laughed, because I thought he was kidding with me and just saying whatever. He says stuff like that sometimes, i.e., instead of "hi" he will say "soitenly" like Curly from the Three Stooges. So I thought he had just come up with a new way to say hi.

But then this afternoon one of the phone people is talking to the warehouse lady as I go back there to do stuff, and the phone girl referrs to "people who win awards and don't show up to receive them." Still no clue that she's talking about me. She says something to the effect of how she would like an award someday, and eventually it comes out that at the annual staff party I won the employee of the year award for my department. Of course nobody told me this. I guess in a department of 6, when you've been there 3 1/2 years, you have a good chance of being given awards. I'm just glad they didn't give it to a carbon rod or something.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home