This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Where are these people?

First things first: At my "other" job, or my "main" 9-5 job, morale is at an all-time low, so I hear from the old-timers. I see evidence of this in the way people interact with each other, and it's making it a chore to come here every day. The President of the company recently made a decision that makes my life a whole lot worse. It also will make our customers' lives worse. Someday I will explain this all to you, but today my concern is that a guy in my department has called in the last two days. This would not be a problem, but we are in full "labor-saving" mode as it is, and short-staffed and all that jazz. It's ridiculous. So, he's not here yet today and his shift starts at 9. It's 9:16 or so right now. Not only that, but my supervisor is supposed to be here at 9 and he isn't here. So I'm looking at having to do the jobs of myself and several other people at 10am when the store opens.

Low morale = increase in people calling in sick.
increase in people calling in sick = increase in other people calling in sick so they don't have to deal with this crap.

Yet again my life is aversely affected by the decisions of somebody who I've never even met. But it's only a problem if I have a bad attitude and let it bother me, right? We create our own reality, right?

I find it hard to fake an attitude for even 2 minutes. I don't have the time for it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home