This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Future Posts to Salivate Over the Thought of.

I’ve got so many things in my head, I want to put them down now so I don’t forget them. This also will have the happy side effect of teasing you, the audience. Here are the blog posts you can expect coming up:

(some of these may be broken up into smaller, more blog-friendly posts. Nobody wants to read a book a day, for the love of all that is holy)

(I am listening to an interview with Bob Knight on the radio right now, and he keeps pronouncing the “Patriots” as the Pay-tree-ahts. “aht” being the same –ot sound as in “otter”. It’s unnerving, and it makes you wonder if Bob Knight does these things just to mess with people and see if they’ll call him on it. Sorry for the sidebar, him saying that word just reverberated in my brain. I had to mention it.)

1) Commentary on Alias: Season Three. You knew it was coming, just deal with it. Or I’ll kill you, just like in Alias. There may be some mention of the fact that a bunch of people I know are into Alias and I never realized it. It’s like they’re all double agents, hiding the fact that they like Alias until I prove I’m one of them. It’s very disconcerting – do they also like JAG? I hope not.

2) The next commentary on My Stupid Sweet Sixteen. You know you like it. And this week is really special – this girl is so spoiled she become something that can’t even be classified as human. She becomes a different, and whinier, species.

3) At some point I’m going to have to do a continuous short story, just for fun.

4) ESPN columnist Bill Simmons has come up with 5 quintessential songs of the 1980’s. I plan on demonstrating that his 1980’s were not my 1980’s, and that the decade in question (and the American culture that permeated it) is a lot more fractured than we are led to believe by, for example, VH-1. I will demonstrate that he is very wrong, but that he probably did as well as he could have under the circumstances. Included will be a discussion of his criteria, and what the criteria should be.

5) My obsession with MTV and their crapulence has hit new heights. I found an article about just how many references to sex there are on MTV, and I want to share that with you.

6) Every cloud has a bunch of rain in it, and so that’s why even though I can think of a few good things about my move at work, I still hate it. I may vent a bit.

You can expect to see these features as soon as I get some time to stop skimming and start writing. Oh, I also want to be judgmental towards Dallas’ most eligible bachelorettes (mostly out of jealousy? I don’t know) and parse the Sean Paul song, “Like Glue.” It is at that point that I will be able to take a deep breath and rest for real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home