This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Definition of Frustration

There are times in life where things allign perfectly. I had the potential for having one of those great times last week, since I have collected 10 free iTunes songs (from 20oz. Mountain Dew caps) and the new Starflyer 59 album "Talking Voice vs. Singing Voice" came out last Tuesday. Do you see where I'm going with this? Poof -- free great album for Mike. Free is especially good these days since I have no money. But there's one problem:

iTunes doesn't have the new album (yet).

I kept searching for it every day, but it never showed up. I tried looking online for news as to when it would be coming to iTunes, but could find no such list or information. The kicker was when I went to the Belgian iTunes sight to look for Milk, Inc songs (they're "techno", don't worry about it) and on a whim looked for the new Starflyer album there. Imagine my surprise when I saw that iTunes Belgium did indeed have the new album, and on top of that I couldn't get it from them because I'm not in fricking Belgium. I can only shop at iTunes America. Some One World Order this is.

(not to mention the fact that I can't get Milk, Inc from iTunes America either, or at the Virgin megastore. My favorite techno artist is shut off from me.)

My guess as to why this situation has been allowed to occur has to do with the fact that Best Buy is supposedly offering the Starflyer CD for the low low price of $11.99 for a "limited time". I suppose that during this "limited time", iTunes can't sell it in America. And good luck finding it at Best Buy, since they are probably only storing one copy at a time on the shelf. The forums I found online indicated people are having great trouble in locating it there. This just makes the band look bad and the label look greedy. And people wonder why music is "stolen" via PTP. Many times it's a matter of convenience -- I sure would like to have this album now, but I don't want to go out and buy it because it may show up at iTunes tomorrow. Maybe I'm the one with the problem, obsessing over the price of a CD. But the Taxman took all my money! $11.99 ain't that low a price for a 32-minute album anyway, no matter how great it is (and the samples I've heard have sounded pretty terrific). Why, oh why, did they have to hurt me by making that deal?

I blame Belgium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home