This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Funny work e-mail of the day.

Hi everyone. From time to time I get an e-mail at work that I just have to share with you all. First, some examples of past e-mails:
(Computer Supplier) in June with the release of their new Web claim and order system referred to as "_____" will be requiring when applicable on all warranty parts replacements for the technician to provide the PC-Doctor failure code.
The thing is, this is very important information. Couldn't they put it into a clearer sentence than that? Then, there's the famous spell-check replacement error, the best example of which I received on 9/2/2004:
please forward this part back to (Computer Supplier) and email me tracking information and I will cc Jim so he is aware that part is coming back to him. Terrie processed this with an incorrect PO number and that is where the confusion came in I am sorry for the incontinence this may caused.
Now that's funny. In the same vein is an e-mail I received today, from the same lady who caused all the "incontinence" last September:
Please email me tracking information that part is going back to (Computer Supplier) on so I can update fiancé with this information so we will receive are credit on this part.
Where do I start? Of course, she means Finance. She misspelled it, Outlook put the accent on it automatically, and she didn't notice. She also leaves out a couple of definite articles, but maybe she's an ancient Greek? Oh, and she needs to revisit the whole "our"-"are" discussion from grade school. I don't mean to be snarky, but this is this the kind of woman I should be trusting to tell me what to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home