This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

All the Little Things I Can Think Of in One Post.

There are a bunch of small topics out there and inside my cramped head that I feel like covering. These are things that definitely don't deserve their own post. I'll try to think of as many of them now as I can.

Jill bought a CD for me (and herself, too -- lets be real here) from a band called The Bravery. They are another one of those 80's sound-alike bands, and their lead singer sounds like somebody from the 80's that I can't quite remember the name of. In truth, he sounds like Bono sometimes and like Robert Smith sometimes and like "The Church" guy sometimes and an indie rocker sometimes. i like them solely based on their liberal use of synthesizers. Thats what it's come to these days. Listening to all that techno has ruined me. Or improved me.

My "State of the Milwaukee Bucks Address" will happen as soon as this off-season completely shakes out and I can see what kind of team they have. They received great news today as their best player, Michael Redd, re-signed for a ridiculous sum of cash. Now he needs to become The Man. The Bucks' future is tied at the hip to him now. I suspect he can handle it. They also seem to have agreed to let George Karl's former henchman Terry Stotts coach the team. That is merely okay news.

I saw the finale (or an encore presentation of the finale) of the WB's Beauty and the Geek tonight. For those of you keeping score at home and taking notes on every post, this makes exactly two episodes that i've seen -- the premiere and the finale. In between the two shows, I figured out that all but two of the 6 couples were eliminated somehow, and that there were massages, dates, cooking, and all sorts of other things I'm probably glad I missed. In the end, the competition came down to who knew their mismatched partner's middle name. Hasn't that particular challenge game been played out on every season of Survivor? Do we really need that? How about a chili cook-off or some good ole fashioned rasslin'? I don't really know where I'm going with this. Next paragraph...

In the end, I probably have more respect for and less of a tendency to dismiss the sorority girls I meet, after Mindi was so awesome in so many ways on the show. But then, I don't really know any real live sorority girls, do I? Hey, anyone out there a sorority girl? I don't judge you anymore, I promise. You are smart until proven stupid in my intelligence justice system. Maybe I should have attended a college with sororities.

You know, I need to tell my stories of being rejected by women sometime. It's like a real live version of Beauty and the Geek, only God eventually walks in and leads me to a wonderful woman who becomes my wife. God didn't show up on this show, to my knowledge. It very well could have happened in one of the middle episodes.

I'm going to release a novel and sell* it in installments. You can say that's cheap and unreliable, but I'd like to think of it as slightly (verrrry slightly) revolutionary. And don't e-mail me and tell me it's been done before, because I know that. Anyway, part one will be soon available on Adobe e-book format, and you all (my audience, family, and friends) are going to play an important part in its distribution. As always, there will be more details later.

I also want to use the web space that has been so generously provided and registered for me to make some interactive fiction. EX):
You wake up in a blue room (the ceiling, floor, everything is blue) that is completely empty except for an onion bagel in the far corner. The onion bagel is not blue. There is a door to your right. You need to get to an important shareholder's meeting for your company, "Death by Potato Potato Investments". What do you do next?
1) Headbutt the wall
2) Eat the bagel
3) Go out the door
4) Pet the squirrel (What squirrel?)

Ideally, the links would lead to more story, and more links, until you win or are dead. I'm thinking of calling it, "Choose the Manner of Your Demise." It's probably in some sense what I was born to do. Can God call a person to write this goofty stuff? We shall see.

*Sell in the drug-dealing sense; i.e., the first one's free, but if you want more you'll have to pay for it.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger NakedHobo said…

    So, does this mean we will eventually see the rest of Search for the Golden Llama?

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Mike Pape said…

    Taking into account the history of that thing and the many plans I had to make it that failed, I wouldn't count on it.

    But yes, I plan on doing just that.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    Headbutting is always a good idea.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home