This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry December 23rd Everybody

There are two kinds of posts in this world -- those I just throw together as I write them; and those that I write "for real," taking much time and effort to compose exactly the right words. Lately, I haven't had or taken the time to do the latter. For example, this morning I couldn't think of something to write that would be both A) Christmas-y; and, B) short. The only Christmas thing I can think to post would be the explanation of why I've finally, at age 33, gotten sick of the holiday, or why Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays angers me from both sides. I'm not having a warm and fuzzy Christmas season, let me tell you. Work is hell and I can't go visit my family. That's not all of it, but it pretty much sums it up. I'm just glad my brother is coming down next week. We need more visitors. The visitors are our friends.

In case I don't post some more, I wish you a Merry Christmas.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger NakedHobo said…

    Merry Christmas from Milwaukee to all three of you.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Mike Pape said…

    Thank you, o representative of Milwaukee.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    I was just thinking today about your parsing of Little Drummer Boy, Mike, and it made my day. I'm going to dig into the archives for it now. I love you Papes, take care of yourselves. Merry Christmas.

    Are the blogger comment verification things random strings of letters? Because the one down there right now is PW CAJUN.

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Merry Christmas to yall in Texas. I'll miss not seeing you up here this year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home