This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Face without a Face

I don't know what it means, but since I have to post something today, I figured talking about the face transplant lady would be my best bet. I don't want to talk about how the world is daily getting more and more insane. Post-millenialists are receiving body blow after body blow, and I'd rather talk about something pleasant before I get blown up by some madman.

Like I said, I have no idea what the face transplant means in a big-picture sense. Is it a great advancement for science or just a novelty? Whatever it is, it sure looks creepy right now. It will be amazing(er) when she gets some more movement in that new face of hers. Right now, it doesn't look so great. It's ok on video, but still pictures capture the essence of its weirdness a little too exactly for my taste.

I know its been said before and better, but this type of thing would be a lot more impressive if she had a nemesis that received her face, and then they had a suspensful battle-of-wits pretending to be each other. But not every John Woo movie can come true, I suppose.

I tried to post a picture of the face lady, but Blogger has been buggy and tempermental lately. I especially liked how my site was down all of Sunday night.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a pointless meeting to attend.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are there any available pictures of her after the dog attack and before the surgery? I've seen one clip of her from before the accident.

    I agree w/ what you're saying about how it looks now, but I wonder how it compares to where she came from.

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Mike Pape said…

    She does look infinity better than she did before the surgery. I have no idea what she looked like before the dog attack, though. It would be weird looking in the mirror and seeing somebody else's face, as countless movies from Freaky Friday to Face/Off have shown us.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home