This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A Couple Crazy Things at Work

First, this lady came in and tried to buy a computer with a check. That's not totally out of the ordinary, but it does raise a red flag. Next, she put down a driver's license with the number scratched out, and gave the explanation that "it was suspended, so they crossed the number out." After being asked for another form of I.D., she presented her Texas inmate I.D. card (which not only is an inmate I.D., but also doesn't have her full name, just her first initial and last name). Ok, the Front End supervisor said, you're going to have to come up with another way to pay for this. She left (in her brand-new Passat with the dealer tags still on it), and we haven't seen her since.

Then this dude with a Brazillian I.D. purchases $3000 worth of stuff with cash -- all 20's.

This was all related to me by the Front-End supervisor, who had quite a morning.

In other news, my hairdresser is friends with Pat Benatar's bassist. Now there's a sentence I never imagined I'd write. (It's actually Jill's hairdresser, who's nice enough to slum and cut my hair, too. She also happens to be a parent of one of my wife's students. Don't worry, I'm not one of those guys.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home