This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Gas Caps and MLM and You

I just got done with a computer job for this 50-60-year-old woman in hair curlers. After I finished, she stopped me and gave me one of her cards. Apparently, she sells "gas caps" (gas extension pills you pop into your tank when filling up) to make extra money. She claimed to be saving $7-$9 on a tank of gas while using these caps despite the mounting evidence that they are completely ineffective. Then she tells me that if I sign up to sell these things, and sign up two people, I get a cut of their sales, too, and the sales of the people they sign up, and so on. So not only is it a scam on the consumer, it's a pyramid scheme for the seller as well. Oh, the crazy ways people are separated from their money. I just could not believe it was Multi-Level Marketing. Doesn't everybody know that MLM is illegal and doomed? I was surprised she didn't have a large sum of cash tied up in Nigeria as well.

4 more posts coming in the next 4 days. Believe it.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You've nailed classic MLM Vampire behavior Mike. We've seen it many times.

    The same person offering us the answer to all of our financial needs is just one step ahead of the debt collector.

    Can I send you a silver stake for next time?

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Mike Pape said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Mike Pape said…

    Wow, you really hate useless MLM, don't you? You hate useless MLM like a skinny kid hates cake.

    Epth Nation will gladly accept all gifts made of silver.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home