This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I wrote this on Jan. 8, 1981.

The Young Deer that were Saved by Sashacaput

Hunters are shooting the deer in Oklahoma. One fawn was getting revenge. Sashacaput was his name.

Sashacaput saved many deer by pushing hunters. Once he saved himself by outrunning a tiger. This year he was named "deer warden" by the deer.

Sashacaput had once in a day pushed all the hunters into the bushes.

The next day the first time he got outside he was almost shot. He fought for his life. Sashacaput pushed all the hunters except one. He destroyed that one.

That's how the deer in Oklahoma got freedom. So get away from Sashacaput because you'll find yourself in the bushes if you don't.

The End.

(I was 8 years old and in 3rd grade when I wrote this story. It kinda sounds like something Napoleon Dynamite would come up with. It's probably still the highlight of my writing career, and it probably tells you way more than you need to know about young Mike and what was on his mind. I think it would make a good movie, don't you? Call me.)

note: This story has been modified from its original version. "Destroyed" was underlined, not bolded.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dear mike,
    if you hadn't put a date on this, i would have tagged it as writing genius, and would have sworn you had written it last night in a coffee shop.
    that wasn't meant to be offensive in any way.

    sincerely,
    molly

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Mike Pape said…

    Thanks, anonymous molly. I do think it's the highlight of my writing career, and I really do think it would make a great movie. Maybe when I'm a rich and famous writer like Stephen King someone will make it into a TV-movie "Based on a story by Michael Pape." And the deer would have steel horns and eyes that shot lazers. I'm just thinking out loud here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home