This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

No Footnotes

In deference to my wife's wishes I have decided not to use footnotes in the main text of my NANoWriMo novel. It will have a few footnotes in fake excerpts from other sources and so on, but I'm using parentheses for the parenthetical comments. I'm skeptical of this, but we'll see how it goes. I'm also trying as hard as I can to not sound like David Foster Wallace, so losing the footnotes was probably a necessity.

I may be going to the Mavericks/Kings game tonight, election night, because the student who was going to go with her may be bailing. So that's good -- I won't get to see the election madness until it's pretty much over (yeah right). I get to watch basketball and avoid theDisneyfranchised voters.

Speaking of Disneyfranchisement, my wife called me this morning to alert me of possible voter intimidation in my precinct, as there was a cop car in the parking lot next door to the polling place. But then she remembered that the cop's there every day, and that the police are our friends. Yeah, just like the Visitors were.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home