This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Icerocket is Cool

Well, I was all prepared to give www.icerocket.com a great rating, but then I looked up "epth". But first, the good:
  • Many of the search results have thumbnailed screenshots, which allow you to see where you're going before you go there.
  • You can search in News and Images (but not newsgroups) like in Google, but you also can search "blogs", "Phone Pics", and Multimedia (which is mostly a conduit for purchasing MP3's from "legal" song services). The Image Search is better, and includes some things like Webshots and Getty Images, which I always thought should be included in those things anyway. What I'm trying to say is it's fun to play with, much like Google was when it first got popular.
  • Using Icerocket with Firefox makes you feel like you're really sticking it to the Man somehow. It makes the internet seem new and not boring.
  • The amount of search results seems to be equivalent to the other search engines.
Now, I wish to register my complaint. When I look "epth" up in the "Blogs" section, I can't find it. When I try to add it to the Blog search list, I got the message saying it was already added. "But it's not there", said I. I found it in the regular web search, but still. It's a blog, dang it. It might in fact be the #1 blog in the USA if given the chance. Mr. Cuban, give me that chance. Tear down that wall. Stop kicking that dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home