This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Friday, April 29, 2005

A Public Thank-You...

to Brian Riggins, who solved my Starflyer/iTunes problem by sending me the CD. When I started blogging, I had never considered its power. It never occurred to me that my incessant whining might result in people being nice to me and solving my problems. You did that, Brian, and I thank you again.

By the way, you're right -- owning the CD is infinitely preferable to "owning" an iTunes track, mainly because I can do whatever I want with it, and the packaging is cool. Would it be too much to ask though for a serial mumbler like Jason Martin to include lyrics with the CD's? I guess I'll never know all that he's singing, and I'll just have to get by with the clear non-sequiters I hear. My favorite one so far: "Is this my life? Maybe so..." followed by, "Cuz no-one ever listens -- so tell me what's the difference." I don't know what it means, but it is so true.

I really like the album, btw. It's mellow, and has the following things I never thought I would hear on a Starflyer 59 album:
  1. strings (in like 4 songs(!))
  2. jazzy-jazz organ
  3. the word "Jesus" (twice)
  4. Mattel Synsonics (sp?) Drums
It's growing on me as I speak. Write, I mean. In appreciation to all of you for what Brian did, I give you this link. I think you'll like it.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    I was glad to help, though I'm kind of curious as to whether my asking Jill for your address prompted her to tell you to tell your readers that your life doesn't suck. Which I already knew.

    Glad you like the album. I'm pretty interested in hearing it, and will probably DL it in the coming weeks.

    The burrito article is also awesome. So awesome. It made me think of three things:

    1.Dude, that burrito sounds so good. I'm hungry. Great idea, kid.

    2.That is exactly the sort of idea Dan Magers and I would've had for a class project.

    3.If I was the principal, I'd totally "confiscate" that thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home