This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Monday, July 18, 2005

So this is what 300 posts feels like

I also just noticed that my post counter, which had been stuck at "86" for about 8 months, has updated and now lists an even 300. I have no idea if I've posted that much, but that does sound about right. I'm at work now, and it is Monday. This week is filled to the brim with caffeinated potential, at leat on this blog. I'll be running one old post a day, with my commentary to start it out. This is of course in addition to the normal posts. I enjoy making more work for myself.

Fun fact: Did you know the Papa John's "All the Meats"(TM) pizza has only 57% of the available meat toppings? It has: sausage, bacon, ham, pepperoni; it's missing: italian sausage, beef (it used to have beef but not anymore -- Papa needed a new Jag), and of course chicken. I mention this because I think it's interesting how companies can legally name something a name that's fundamentally inaccurate. It's like the "official" name of East Germany (anyone out there remember them?) -- the German Democratic Republic. This, people, is what 1984 was about. Don't believe them! It all stops if we don't believe them!

Think about that the next time you're eating a Papa John's "57% of the Meats Pizza".

3 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    That makes me want to order one of those pizzas, and then complain about the toppings only containing 57% of Papa's available meats.

    Don't worry, I'd still tip the driver really well.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    All of a sudden, I'm wondering why papa J's doesn't just circumvent thier problem with a more semantically unassailable name like "Meat Lovers" or "Lord of the Livestock" or soemthing.

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Mike Pape said…

    I've been wondering the same thing since they banned beef from it and added chicken to our repertoire. We went from 5/6 of the meats to 4/7 of the meats instantly. I'll suggest "All Kinds of Meats", but I don't think they'll go for it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home