This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Thanks to my readers last tuesday...

...for giving me my biggest day ever. 33 unique people visited! It's so very exciting.

Hurrcane Rita Latest: Now they're ("they" being Big Weather, or the Powers That Be in the Weather Prediction World) saying It's going to hit EAST of Galveston, which is good for all those people who are evacuating (and clogging up Dallas highways right now, btw) that city, but bad for the people it hits obviously. This will also bring it closer to Louisiana. The winds that pushed it north also weakened it considerably, so maybe we'll be ok.

A Word About Arrested Development: Filthy. The first episode was very very funny, but was filled to the brim with double entendres and nearly unthinkable references to hot-button events, such as the Susan Smith Kid Killing Case. It was only on during the "family hour" because most of the filthy references were so fast and vague that kids (and non-entendre-minded adults) wouldn't even notice them. Anyway, I'm sorry if it offended anyone out there in my audience of 33.

Advance Warning: Papa John's is coming out with a pan-style crust. It's all very hush-hush, but I can tell you that: It's square, and cut into triangles like a circular pizza. And no, that doesn't make sense, and yes, I told my Manager that, and no, it didn't make a difference because the charts have all been printed already, and it's way too late to make suggestions like that.
Word on the street is it tastes great -- I put this in just to be positive about Papa for once in my life.

I'm flying up to Milwaukee tomorrow to avoid the hurricane and run in Al's Run, to benefit the Chidren's Hospital there. It's going to be fun -- We're going to try to run 5 miles (perhaps not possible with my gut), and then we're going to go over to my brother Doug's house for an after running gathering. There are more than 100 people running, so I don't know where he's going to fit them all. Then, on Sunday, we're going to fly back and see if our apartment is still there. I hate hurricanes.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger NakedHobo said…

    Good luck in the run, I'd be there to cheer you on, but alas, I work on Saturdays.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home