This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Friday, September 02, 2005

A Thing That's Blowing Up: A Blog From New Orleans

This is interesting:

http://mgno.com/

It's a blogging guy who's part of a unit with Outpost Crystal, which I believe is an army-related base in New Orleans. You want real news related to the evacuation and chaos there? This is the best place I've found, told from an even-handed rescue worker with an eye for what's important. Not to turn this into a way less important issue, but this is a great example of why blogs can often do things that the mainstram media could never do.

We got a message from pastor who was in the Sheraton on Canal Street in New Orleans for a conference during the hurricane. After the hurricane, he got out of the area about 20-30 minutes before Canal street was flooded. One of our friends (who's a pastor in Slidell, LA) was at the conference too, and escaped. He's now in Alabama, waiting to hear word from his town and his church to see if he has a home left. These people, they're our friends and neighbors. We need to get them out of there and get them on the way to rebuilding their lives. This may be an obvious point, but add me to the voices that say that this is taking way too long. I know a lot of good people are doing the best they can, but it's not good enough.

s/s/hurricaney. Maybe it's because I live down here in the South now, but I just can get it out of my head. I'm also coming down with a cold, but I don't think I'll be complaining about stuff for a while -- except stupid people on TV, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home