This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Good News and Bad News

Hey everybody, I know you come to me for news, so I feel obligated to report that the US and France have come to an agreement about a cease-fire in the Middle East. Getting these two giants to put aside their differences was a near-impossible task, and kudos to the UN for making such a moment possible.

Wait...my sources are telling me that it's actually Israel and Hezbollah that are fighting, so the UN agreement is worthless and quite frankly puzzling. Doesn't the UN ever get tired of broadcasting their irrelevance to the world? Their logo should include a nude emperor.

My wife is listening to Corinna Bailey Ray right now, and she is telling all you girls to go ahead and let your hair down. It's 101 degrees here today, Corinna -- you crazy?

I'll close this with some youtube links. I don't embed them because, well, it's too much work. That should tell you exactly how lazy I am -- too lazy to cut-and-paste some code.

For the onset of NFL football, here's a great moment from days (unfortunately) gone by.

What if I told you there was once a pilot for a TV show that starred Jack Black, Owen Wilson and Ron Silver? What if I also told you that it was produced by Ben Stiller? What if I told you it was never picked up? What if I told you it was about a former astronaut(Black) and his talking motorcycle (Wilson) on the run from psychotic NASA operative (Silver, as himself)? Would you be interested? Well, here's the entire 30-minute pilot episode of Heat Vision and Jack, if you've got the time. It has its moments.

(The only reason I'm aware of this is my friend Glenn's knowledge of one Rob Schrab, who co-wrote Heat Vision and Jack. The reason this is important? Mr. Schrab finally got a project through hollywood -- it's called Monster House, and it's in theaters right now. I'm not sure, but I think I remember Glenn saying that Rob Schrab was a big fat jerk. Take all of this any way you want, because I'm informatively rambling.)

Hours of fun can be spent watching this one-minute bad idea from the Dallas Mavericks promo dept: The Avery Bunch. You have to watch the individual players and where they're looking. It cracks me up every time.

Finally, another thing that never fails to crack me up, from KTCK the Ticket in Dallas. A guy named Alexi decided he was going to fill in for their one-minute "Ticket Ticker" segment and realizes it's harder than it seems. Audio File.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger NakedHobo said…

    Rob Schrab isn't a jerk, he's just eccentric.

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Mike Pape said…

    You mean like Zonoozi eccentric, Michael Jackson eccentric, or Glenn eccentric?

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger NakedHobo said…

    Somewhere between Glenn eccentric and David Lynch eccentric

     

Post a Comment

<< Home