This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Few Quick Links

David Lynch, everybody's favorite director, has just received something called the "Golden Lion Lifetime Achievement Award" from somebody who gives these things out. I didn't even know such an award existed. He's apparently the youngest to ever win it. Anyway, this happened at a screening of his latest film, Inland Empire. Here are some exciting quotes from this article on the Guardian.uk site:

"But some critics have argued that the film contains more mystery than drama, describing it as an eccentric and incomprehensible three-hour puzzle."

"... spent two years developing the hallucinatory project, in which Naomi Watts plays a talking rabbit."

"...we didn't have a script we were following."

Yeah, it's going to be weird, and I for one can't wait. I'm glad Lynch decided to take a long enough break from thinking happy thoughts to make another movie. I'm also glad to see the rabbit suits are back. Can't get enough of those cute rabbits.

In other news, Sidney Moncrief, my favorite basketball player of all time, is supposedly set to take over as coach of my hometown Fort Worth Flyers NBADL (NBA Developmental League, for those who just aren't good enough) team. Worlds are colliding. I can't wait to go to games and cheer the...coach? Well, just to see his balding head would be enough. He was the best Buck ever, and now he's going to be in my town. I reckon nobody else cares about this.

I don't know how long the link is going to be up, but check out this video of a reporter being attacked by the people he was investigating. A man and his wife get into a fight with the reporter, another man tries to pry the attacker off him, and the cameraman gets it all on tape. This is one man's life-destroying decision caught on film. Fun!

But seriously, check it out. It's crazy.

Fantasy Football starts today for most real men, so football widows, you know my number and you know what time it is. Come get your big clock. But hold on -- Miami plays tonight, right? Which means I have to root for Dolphins TE Randy "not Steve" McMichael. Forget it, ladies. I'm married to my wife and a little thing called football nerdiness.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger jill said…

    I'm thinking I'M the one married to football nerdiness. I suppose that's better than, say, drug nerdiness or embezzlement nerdiness. On second though, we're poor. Go embezzle something.

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger NakedHobo said…

    You could embezzle pepperoni or something.

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Mike Pape said…

    In the original Pizza Hut management video I saw back in the day there was a bad dramatization where this chick was stealing ham. I mean like ham, the pizza topping. It was great.

    If I embezzled something, it would be awesomeness, cuz I got tunz o' that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home