This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Monday, September 13, 2004

I get all my information from Baby Boomers.

Does any band sound more like the late 60's than the Doors? I wasn't alive then, so my sole impression of it is from old news footage, movies, and music. My picture of the time, then, is a lot of dirty people with goat hair being gassed by police in riot gear as "Break on Through to the Other Side" plays on. To those people alive back then -- was there a lot of that, or were there normal/non-goat-like/non-riot-police people around? And how could you guys have elected Nixon? Ok, I guess you could say the same thing about Clinton.

Speaking of Politics and Religion, I'm going to be going to this great Bible study about Government and Christianity that should give me much food for thought over the coming weeks. Be warned...I will be beating you down with this stuff, to flesh it out in my mind. After all, stream-of-consciousnesss rambling is what a blog is for, isn't it?

I don't usually link, but here are blogs I read:

Mark Cuban's blog, which recounts his war-of-words with Donald Trump, who makes Cuban look measured and intelligent by comparison. Also contains lots of theories on NBA refereeing, and I'm not kidding.

Dynamist Blog by Virginia Postrel, noted businessy thinker. She talks a lot about her books, but also lays out the case for economic advancement (also called dynamism, which means loving outsourcing). She also likes to discuss how aesthetics affects how things sell (also called why people think Macs are cool), and other random subjects. And, she's hot. Just kidding. Sorta.

A final thought:
Lost in all the hubbub about the alleged CBS Bush military memos is the central question nobody is asking: What does alleged disobedience from a person 32 years ago have anything to do with that person today? If he did disobey orders and get away with it because he's privileged, so what? It was 32 years ago. I was fricking born 32 years ago. Does this reveal a current character flaw about him? Since when do we, the American voters, care about character? This "memo-gate" is just something to talk about while the issues facing us go undiscussed. And if there ever was a time when Americans needed some good discussion of the issues before them, it's now.

Thank you for your support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home