This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I've Made Many Mistakes in Life

And chief among them is misunderstanding MTV and taping the latest craptacular episode of Laguna Beach instead of the craplicious My Stupid Sweet Sixteen. So I haven't seen it yet. I think they're replaying it a 2pm CST today, and at some time every day for the next year, so don't worry -- I will get a recap out if it's worth it, I promise. My sources tell me there's some bad hair involved. I can't wait.

Last night was one of those nights I hate to see when I'm delivering pizzas. I hate delivering in the rain. And it just kept raining and raining and raining. When it rains, the streets become flooded, and I at the very least have to walk through a small lake to get to my car. I hate being wet, especially on my feet. While it's happening, you just have to sit there and take it. You watch it pour down in buckets, but you can't will it to stop. Ramtha was wrong, you don't create your own reality. And what's up with weathermen and weatherwomen saying we "need" rain? Can't we get by with half the normal amount this year? What are y'all, married to farmers or something? So I count delivering last night as a mistake, too.

How do you know oil prices are too high? It's even ticking off Wal-Mart. Here's a link (I know it's not Wednesday, but I feel like padding this post a bit. C'mon -- you know you want to click it!)

POSTS OF THE FUTURE
Recap of Sweet Sixteen, obviously -- the much-loathed and little-anticipated NFL Preview, where I get make a ton of mistakes -- my "State of the Milwaukee Bucks" address -- a column on the Dallas Mavericks looking back on the era of Michael Finley, now that he's been released -- a Netflix diary or two, depending on what's next in the queue -- my final plea for a job -- pieces of advice for young people as part of a book I'm considering writing.

People get ready.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger jill said…

    i think the funniest part is when they had a little commercial reunion of all the last season sweet sixteens. ahead of time ava wondered if hart would be there. she sat as close as possible to him when they got there, and then she was the one who asked--so, who's single? when hart (and others) raised their hands she goes, oh you're single, hart? it was pretty pathetic. and he still looks like such a dork.

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    Oh my GOODNESS the first episode of the season did not disappoint. I think this child was the most monster-rific one yet. I think that watching this episode made me a jerk, though, because every time she told her mom to shut the hell up or anything outlandish like that, I couldn't help but call the TV "fatty" and stuff like that.

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Mike Pape said…

    You and America, Brian. I, however, really tried to get around tihe fatness to see the "real" her, but it was very difficult. The girl was just bizarre. Why would anyone hang out with her? The ways of the teenage girl are a mystery to me, like the ways of the turtle or the lemur.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home