This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Today is Moving Day

I end this national nightmare today by moving back to the room I never should have left in the first place. I want to thank all the people who made this move possible. Namely, myself.

Cheap Trick is coming to Richardson on Saturday, playing some wildflower festival that I'm sure will get in the way of my delivery driving. They're discussing Cheap Trick on the Ticket, asking why Rick Nielsen needs to play a different guitar on every song, and why the drummer always has to have a cigarette in his mouth. Any of you Rockford people know the answer? Is it just a stylistic thing? Is that a facetious question?

Ok...gotta start moving.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    Congratulations on your move back. You've accomplished what Milton only dreamed of. To be honest, though, I always hoped you'd burn the place down and wind up with a large cashier's check for your trouble.

    As for the Cheap Trick questions, I'm going to go ahead and venture that the drummer is always smoking because cigarettes are habit-forming, and Rick Nielsen plays a different guitar on every song because guitars are awesome.

    P.S.--If I was in a band, I would switch guitars all the time. If I had more than two guitars. I don't.

     
  • At 6:04 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    "asking why Rick Nielsen needs to play a different guitar on every song, and why the drummer always has to have a cigarette in his mouth"

    That's like asking why people in Texas always have to carry guns around. It's guaranteed by the Constitution.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Mike Pape said…

    I'm happy to say I kept all three of my staplers intact through both moves.

    And I needed some sort of accelerant to make the fire work. Otherwise, I would just singe the place, and that wouldn't accomplish anything.

    I hate the constitution. It's just a bit the colonial congress came up with to get out of doing some work.

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    Careful, Mike. That's a textbook example of hate speech.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home