This is Epth Nation

Epth is a state of mind, not a place. Reading this will give you a virtual drivers license in that state, but you'll still need to be 21 to purchase alcohol. And you can't get any there anyway, so stop asking.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

EPTH Official Notice

I'm leaving Papa John's for the greener, greasier, and closer pastures of Pizza Hut. It's about 13 miles closer to where I live, so it had to happen sooner or later. My particular instance of the Papa had become allergic to business anyway. It will also be nice to not have Cowboys owner Jer-bear Jones as a de facto boss. And I won't ever see underwear guy again, except possibly in heaven.

I got the special edition DVD of Eraserhead from Netflix, and am currently marching through it at a snail's pace. It's awesome, though. There's also a totally nerdy feature-length interview with David Lynch, where his head just sits and smokes and talks about the crazy process of filming the creep-fest. He didn't say how he got the baby to move, though.

Can you believe he lived on that set, in Henry's room? Talk about conserving resources. I wonder if he kept that baby puppet in there with him.

I've gotten to the point where I'm just rambling, so I'll stop. It was great to see you again, really it was. We'll have to talk again sometime, under less evil circumstances.

Things I still can't wrap my head around: That FOX cancelled the funniest show on TV (Arrested Development), and the Ray Allen trade. These things scare me more than that baby-thing or that chipmunk chick in thr radiator. What kind of world do we live in?

Fun fact: Eraserhead was inspired by Lynch's time in Philadelphia. Maybe that's what happened to T.O. Owens. Maybe Philly Eraserheaded him into submission, driving him mad. It's as good a guess as any, holmes.

Stay surly.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home